New blogs

Leherensuge was replaced in October 2010 by two new blogs: For what they were... we are and For what we are... they will be. Check them out.

Friday, August 20, 2010

US ship to break the Gaza siege


It has been named The Audacity of Hope, not for Obama but for his former pastor
Jeremiah Wright, whom he shunned in order to get to the White House but from whom he borrowed the phrase anyhow.



Source: Justice (Chet has volunteered to go in that boat)

Information, donations, etc. at USTOGAZA.ORG

2 comments:

Chet said...

Thank you for posting that video. I should know more about what is going on with the passenger list by next Tuesday. Hannah who is one of the people in charge today told me that there is to be meeting this week and by next Tuesday she would be able to give me more information. I feel a lot of people doesn't really understand what this is all about.

Maju said...

"I should know more about what is going on with the passenger list by next Tuesday".

I hope you get in because I believe you really want to go.

"I feel a lot of people doesn't really understand what this is all about".

I imagine. Some people do not seem to understand that Gaza is the largest refugee camp on Earth (full of people expelled from what is now Israel) and that the blockade is totally against everything including the adjective "human", an act of genocide.

I imagine that this is more true in the USA, where Zionism used to be mainstream. However polls show that popular support for Israel is falling, as you mentioned a few days ago. This is a good thing, no doubt. We can't expect to win instantaneously but we are making major inroads that should eventually cause major change.