New blogs

Leherensuge was replaced in October 2010 by two new blogs: For what they were... we are and For what we are... they will be. Check them out.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Happy Winter Solstice


From tomorrow on, the days begin to get longer again (in the Northern Hemisphere, of course).


As it's traditional, this day is celebrated with rural markets all around the country, though this year it was moved to the day before because of the 21st being sunday:



Note: the pictures were mercilessly borrowed from Gara.
.

2 comments:

Kosmo said...

Wow, great pic! It really gives a sense of where you live.

Maju said...

They are not my pics, really. I borrowed from a local newspaper. I thought I had credited them but seems not. :-/

In fact I don't even own a camera. And I'm probably too shy to go around taking pics of other people anyhow.

You can browse the site for older postcards, some of them in fact under the tag postcards. Though most are actually of political inccidents (realistic postcards anyhow).