New blogs

Leherensuge was replaced in October 2010 by two new blogs: For what they were... we are and For what we are... they will be. Check them out.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

More unpopular EU measures.


My brother told me yesterday and I really could not believe it: the European Comission (the unelected government of this sui generis confederation) is pondering
to make people pay for recieving calls to their cell phones.

The only logic I could muster on first thought was that EU wanted to discourage having mobile phones and using them. Certainly it looks quite persuassive. But nope: their alleged logic is to promote competition between companies.

Jon Ariño of the Basque consumer's association EKE could not believe it either: Lately the news coming from Brussels leave me perplex (...) the measure will not bring any sort of cheaper prices. (...) The European Comission is not a government for the people but for the lobbies.

No comments: