While I think this is naively ignoring that the same fascist trend is way too apparent in all Europe (just ponder the violent repression at "Hopenhagen" against peaceful environmentalists as example), it's still very worth mentioning, none the less because there seems to be already missing people, which is one of the most worrisome indications of Pinochetism.
The last days have witnessed unbelievable orgies of the Greek Military Junta.
1) Officials with fire weapons in demonstrations
2) Police agents in motorbikes making raids against demonstrators
3) Police deployed behind peaceful demonstrators, indiscriminate and wild arrests
4) Made-up accusations, as the supposed murder attempt against the president of the Pritanea
5) Lots of vague accusations in order to dissuade youths and adults
6) Closure of schools with the pretext of swine flu and beatings of students who tried to arrive to them
7) Masked secret police kidnapping demonstrators
8) Increased level of collaboration between the Golden Dawn neonazis and police
9) Secret meetings between Chrysohoides [minister of "citizen protection"] and directors of TV channels and journalists to determine how to show the information in the media
10) Secret cameras, helicopters flying all the time
11) Zero tolerance: a rotten orange or a stone on a bank have become a serious crime and a pretext for a police attack
12) Prohibition of demonstrations and meetings in the most dynamic areas, with major police intimidation and scandalous investigation lines
13) Hacker attacks against Indymedia, squatter pages and TVXS (television without borders), suppression of comments.
14) Invasion and preventive arrests in many self-managed spaces
15) In an Orwellian style, anarchists and rebels are called "fascists and nazis"
16) Suppression of the academic asylum, as in the military dictatorship
And much more.
Some of these things only happened before in rare cases, while others happened during the military junta (1967-74), while yet others had never happened before, only now. Never before all this had happened together in such a short space of time!
It seems that the confrontation happening here, that they try to hide, the Indomitable December, has the power to activate a new emergency decree, a new "Plaster Model" [the pronouncement of the Junta in 1967].
These moments are more than historical. We are witnessing for the first time an attempt to impose a coup by the fascist Police. If they are able to commit all these crimes in a "parliamentary democracy", this Junta is not different and we all have to realize that. The Anarchist slogans on the streets are beginning to say that without twists: "Down with the Junta!"
There is complicity of attorneys, deans, upper classes, bourgeois media and the police, and we yet do not know what other local and foreign forces have been enlisted. We are beginning to hear of missing people, the climate is as tough as under the Junta.
This is not the time to remain silent! This is not the moment to relax!
Everybody to the streets! Sittings everywhere!
Please, help to bring down the Greek Military Junta!
The regime goes straight back to 1967!